to Sponsor an NFI Review Course and Exam
section is for HPBA affiliates, hearth product manufacturers,
distributors and related organizations on how to host an
NFI Review Course and Exam event)
major element of NFI's Certification program is sponsored
certification events. NFI recognizes approved sponsors of
NFI as NFI Partners. Each year scores of NFI Partners work
with NFI to organize the NFI Review Course and Exam for thousands
of hearth professionals across the country. This allows the
exam sponsors to provide a crucial service to the hearth
professionals in their area and build long-lasting, professional
are a number of factors that NFI considers before recognizing
an organization as an NFI Partner. If your organization is
interested in becoming an NFI Partner, please contact us
Log in to NFI Partner Pages
Your Event's Location
review course and exam program should:
- Comfortably accommodate the candidates you anticipate
(chairs, tables, etc...)
- Be cost-efficient for your program's budget
- Be in a suitable location (easy to locate and central
to your participants)
- Be conducive for taking an exam
- Have the necessary equipment (Av screen, LCD projector,
Your Event's Timing
The scheduled date of your event should NOT:
- Be in competition with other events nearby
- Be during the busy season for the hearth industry (typically)
Your Event's Promotion
- NFI will post your event online at www.nficertified.org
for industry professionals to find (if your event is
closed to persons outside of your organization it will
be noted on the online listing
- Plan on promoting your event several months prior to
the scheduled date to ensure a strong attendance
- If you need help with your promotion, please contact
us. We'll be glad to help
Your Event's Instructor
the instructors(s) who will teach the NFI Review Course(s). The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation has a list of Available Instructors which can be accessed on the NFI Partner pages. While it is not required that you use an instructor from the list, it is highly recommended.
Your NFI Review Course Instructor MUST:
- Be NFI Certified in the category that they are teaching
- Be familiar with the NFI Review course if approved,
HPBEF will send your instructor(s) a copy of the appropriate
NFI Review Course PowerPoint Presentation; the presentation
must be learned thoroughly in order to teach the content
- Upon request NFI will send your approved instructor an
official NFI Instructor polo shirt
Your Event's Exam Proctor
places a great deal of importance on the exam proctor. All
proctors must be pre-approved by NFI. To be approved, the
exam proctor must:
- Be unfamiliar with hearth industry technical issues
- Be a trusted person of a high level of integrity
the NFI Proctor Pledge
- Be able to follow instructions and complete the necessary
proctor carries a great deal of responsibility, including
but not limited to:
- Maintaining the security of the exams from the time they
are received in the mail to the time they are shipped
back to NFI
- Screening examinees before test time (checking ID's for
proper documentation, signing in examinees)
- Instructing the examinees on the proper procedures of
examination (when and where to open the exam, how to
fill in their name and personal information, how to fill
in exam answer sheets, keeping the time, various exam
- Ensuring the utmost integrity of the examination process
Your Event's Administration
NFI ALL of your event's information. The more we know, the
better we can assist you. Please complete the NFI
Exam Sponsor Information Form here.
are the issues you should be aware of:
- Candidate registration
NFI has a new online exam
candidate registration system.
You must enter all events and candidates online.
- Reference Manual(s)
- HPBEF will process manual orders for new candidates within 4 business days of receiving the online registration.
- All manuals are shipped using USPS and FedEx. Unless Expedited or Rush shipping is specified, materials are shipped ground services.
- Rush shipping is $40.00 USD.
- Review Course and Exam Cancellations
- Course and exam candidatwes must cancel at least 24 hours in advance. notice of cancellation should be in writing, emails are acceptable.
- NO shows may not be eligible for refunds.
the cost for your exam candidates. Costs vary by region and
each sponsor has its own expenses to consider. NFI charges
your organization a special NFI Partner rate but you will
probably need to add on extra to cover your administration
charges. Please contact us to discuss the NFI Partner rate
and to discuss recommendations for your pricing.
- Exam shipment
- NFI will ship the exams for your event directly to
the designated proctor
will include return postage
- Exams should be shipped back IMMEDIATELY after the
exams are completed
- The NFI ID card is an important part of certified materials
package. It is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization
to take proper pictures of the examinees in a digital format
and provide them to NFI in a timely manner.
- Pictures can be sent to NFI on disk by overnight
mail, via email ( quantities of 5), or preferably, they can be uploaded to the online registration
- There is no penalty for failing to take pictures
of examinees, however, it is standard practice and your exam candidates will most likely be expecting
a photo ID Card. If no pictures are provided to NFI, succesful candidates will receive a blank ID Card.
- Final invoicing
NFI will invoice your organization at the discounted NFI
Partner rate after your event is completed.
will send out all exam results within 3-4 weeks of examination.
All successful candidates will be added to the certified
specialist search on the website.