More hearth store customers are rejecting wood as an option because they’ve heard it is a dirty, polluting fuel. What can you say to reassure these customers? Who are the groups opposed to wood heating and what arguments do they use? How can you respond to negative news in your local media? What can you do to help change the tone of the public discussion locally?
Participants will learn:
• Resources you can use to set the record straight.
• Suggestions of solutions.
• How retailers might respond effectively one-on-one to customers who reject wood burning based on media reports.
• What can you do to help change the tone of the public discussion?
• Ways to help defend one of the energy sources retailers promote, both in the store and in their wider community
• How demographic characteristics of the anti-wood burning folks influence any response strategy.